In Red Dead Redemption 2, Yarrow is a helpful herb used in crafting potent health tonics. Finding Yarrow is integral to any player in RDR2 online or story mode. Do you find yourself low on health tonics or are you looking for a guide on how to complete the Wilderness 1 challenge? We’ve got you covered with this guide on how to find Yarrow in RDR2.
This article will explain the uses for Yarrow and the specific locations that you can find Yarrow, complete with maps that mark precise spawn points for Yarrow.
Uses for Yarrow in Red Dead Redemption 2
In Red Dead Redemption 2, Yarrow has the following purposes:
- To craft Potent Health Potions, mix Yarrow with American Ginseng or Alaskan Ginseng at any campfire.
- To craft Special Health Potions, mix 2 Yarrow, 2 Ginseng, and 2 Milkweed or English Mace at any campfire.
- In story mode, the Wilderness 1 challenge requires finding and harvesting 6 Yarrow.
- Yarrow sells for $0.25 at Doctors located in San Dennis and Valentine. This applies for both story mode and online mode.
- “Collect 5 Yarrow” is a possible Daily Challenge in Red Dead Redemption 2 Online.
- As of the 1.12 Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Patch, Madam Nazar sells Yarrow to collector players.
Locations for Yarrow in Red Dead Redemption 2
You can identify Yarrow by the cluster of small, pink flowers that bloom from a long stem. Yarrow grows in groups with 2-5 harvestable specimens. You can find this herb in the following regions: The Heartlands, Scarlett Meadows, Big Valley, and the Cumberland Forest.
The Heartlands is the best place to go if you are looking for Yarrow. Firstly, Yarrow is extremely plentiful here. Secondly, the mostly flat terrain of the region makes it easy to spot harvestables from horseback. So for bulk orders of Yarrow, I recommend heading to the Heartlands.
Scarlett Meadows is the second-best spot to search for Yarrow, as you can find the flowering plant throughout the region. Keep in mind that Yarrow thins out as you traverse close to the Bayou and does not grow within the forested parts of the region. However, Scarlet Meadow’s expanses of flat, clear land yield a solid harvest.
In Red Dead Redemption, Yarrow doesn’t grow in mountainous or forested locations. Consequently, the majority of Big Valley unsuitable for its growth. However, you can find patches of Yarrow along the south and south-eastern edges of the region.
The Cumberland Forest isn’t the best spot if you are looking to get a large harvest of Yarrow. But you can find a handful of convenient Yarrow patches here and I felt it deserved an honorable mention.